Sitting in an office chair all day long, working continuously for hours can cause pain in the neck and shoulders. Using the wrong office chair with inappropriate back and neck support can further increase your shoulder and neck pain.
A good office chair is ultimately necessary to keep your body healthy and in a comfortable position to tackle daily office tasks. You may find it difficult and confusing about how and where to find a perfect office chair.
Worry not! To save your time I have reviewed some of the best office chair for neck and shoulder pain in this article.
|Duramont Ergonomic Office Chair||● Really fit in terms of comfortability and style.
● Money back guarantee for 90 days (about 3 months).
● Recline feature allows you to tilt the backrest..
|Nouhaus Ergo3D Ergonomic Office Chair||● Available in 4 different colors.
● Highly adjustable features.
● Accommodates well with most body types.
|GABRYLLY Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair||●Easy to install.
●Good neck support.
●Comfortable for heights between 5’5″ to 6’2″.
|SMUG Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair||● Breathable mesh keeps you cool.
● It comes with all the necessary hardware.
●Easy to assemble.
●Perfect for 4.9’ to 5.9’’ people.
|Hbada Ergonomic Office Chair||●Highly durable steel frame.
●Best recliner chair for neck pain.
1. Duramont Ergonomic Office Chair (Editor Choice)
- An adjustable lumber support mechanism that provides solid back support.
- A breathable mesh seat that allows cool air circulation to keep your back sweat free.
- Rollerblade caster wheels provide ease of movement
- The chair has pneumatic controls along with adjustable armrests, headsets and back lifts.
- It comes with all the necessary hardware needed for easy assembly.
- Made with high quality materials and has a weight limit of 330lbs.
Duramont office chair stands on top of this list as it provides flexibility, support and comfort to your neck and shoulders. It is the best office chair in terms of price, performance, and quality.
Its unique design, adjustable back support, and recline features allow you to enjoy a comfortable sitting position. As compared to traditional chairs, its padded armrests and soft cushion seats help you sit and work comfortably for long hours in the office.
Though it is slightly expensive with somewhat small armrests, this chair has outstanding features and just the right firmness to earn a spot on this list. Moreover, its durability and 5-year warranty make it more reputable than others.
2. Nouhaus Ergo3D Ergonomic Office Chair: (Runner Up)
- 2-D adjustable headset to support your neck in every position.
- The chair has a breathable ElastoMesh that allows optimal airflow.
- A dynamic lumber support that pivots with your body position.
- A 4-D adjustable arm set for perfect positioning of arms to preferred height and direction.
- Smooth blade wheels to uplift your seating experience.
- 5-Point base dual castors gives greater stability and strength.
The Nouhaus Ergo3D is among the most affordable office chairs. This ergonomic office chair not only cares about your neck and shoulders but also possesses several features like breathable mesh, gentle dual castors, and an adjustable arm rest to comfort your whole body.
The dynamic lumbar support system Nouhaus Ergo3D is perhaps the most important selling feature of this chair. It moves according to your body position and in case you lean or stretch, it provides support to your lower back.
The breathable mesh back keeps you cool and sweat free during summers. The pivoting headrest makes it an excellent option for people with neck and shoulder pain.
Though it is made of high-quality material, it really does not refer to as heavy duty because these chairs don’t fit well for big guys. Also, the unpadded arm rests can be a bit annoying.
Overall, it is perfect for those looking for a simple sitting solution.
3. GABRYLLY Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair: (Best Selling)
- Stylish appearance and sturdy construction.
- Breathable mesh for ventilation and comfort.
- Fairly strong base and bear load-bearing capacity.
- Adjustable armrest that can be folded to free-up space.
- 4-supporting points for head, back, hips and hands.
- PU caster wheels to avoid any friction.
If you value money you can’t go wrong with this chair. This chair makes its spot in this list owing to a lot of good reasons.
This ergonomic chair is of high-quality with breathable durable mesh, sturdy construction, and a stable chair base.
The adjustable lumber support and recline function helps you sit freely. People with neck and shoulder pain found this chair really comfortable. Also, vertical, bracket, and tilt adjustment of headrest make your spine feel relaxed.
If your work area is small, this chair can save you valuable space as its flip-up armrests can be easily folded.
This chair has undoubtedly a lot of useful features. However, the chair could be lot more comfortable if the tilt function could be lockable in more positions.
4. SMUG Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair: (Budget)
- Headset made of premium quality leather.
- Comfortable padded seat and breathable mesh backrest.
- Adjustable heighted seats made of durable PU padding.
- The tilt locking mechanism adjusts the backrest according to requirements.
- 360 degrees swivel wheels for smooth movement.
- Non-removable elbow for extra comfort and support.
The SMUG ergonomic mesh office chair is the best option for relieving your back, neck and shoulders during busy working days in offices.
The chair offers unique features with a modern design. The adjustable headrest provides ease to back and neck, padded seats reduce strain on legs and arc-shaped arm rest helps you work easily.
The stable base and 360-degree rotating casters provide easy mobility. In addition, breathable mesh keeps the air circulation well.
You cannot ask more with such a low-priced chair. Its affordable price makes this one of the best-selling ergonomic office chairs on the market today.
The only drawback is that it doesn’t suit well to tall heighted people. Otherwise, it is a perfect purchase for offices as well as homes.
5. Hbada Ergonomic Office Chair: (Overall Best)
- Breathable mesh fabric provides air circulation and all-day comfort.
- R-synchro tilts conform backrest to best sitting position.
- Waterfall cushions reduce stress on legs.
- A Y-shaped waist support gives stability to the waist.
- Adjustable headset for a comfortable head position.
- Silenced wheels allow easy movement on the floor.
The Hbada ergonomic office chair is one of the best ergonomic chairs in this list. With an extremely affordable price tag and minimalist design, it is ideal for your office space.
This chair offers a comfortable reclining backrest to find and lock your best sitting position. It also helps you take periodic breaks to feel fresh and charged up.
In case you are suffering from neck or shoulder pain, the lumber support and adjustable headset helps in relieving it with appropriate body posture.
The seat is well-padded, and the backrest is well-ventilated. Also, padded arms recline according to your body.
With so many benefits, this chair has a couple of drawbacks such as the arm rests are not adjustable. Also, it is not well-suited for bigger folks.
For Related Article Click On: Best Office Chair For Pregnant Ladies
How To Choose the Right Office Chair for Neck and Shoulder Pain?
Here are some important factors to consider while choosing the best office chair for neck and shoulder pain:
It is important for an office chair for neck and shoulder pain to have ergonomic features like adjustable headrest, flexible armrest and back support for a comfortable sitting experience.
Always opt for a chair with breathable and supportive mesh. A breathable mesh allows air circulation and provides comfort for long hours of sitting.
Also, make sure the chair has thick padded cushions and durable material. The cushioning will permit you to sit serenely without getting exhausted.
Adjustable head and neck support
Prefer an ergonomic chair with adjustable head and neck support. The head rest should conform according to the user’s spine. Its height should be adjustable to prevent neck pain.
Set the seat height according to the body posture. This can be done with the help of control levers. In this way, you can avoid neck and shoulder pain.
Fixed Lumbar Support
Choose a chair with adjustable lumbar support that helps to maintain the natural curve of your lower spine.
This will save you from postural problems that otherwise lead to neck, shoulder and back pain as well.
Summing up, I hope after reading this article, you have got clear with the choice of finding the best office chair for neck and shoulder pain.
I have tried to cover all the essential features like adjustable lumbar support, headrests, and armrests while choosing an office chair. These features ensure the appropriate support and posture of your body.
Overall, value your money by investing in a quality office chair specifically designed to reduce neck and shoulder pain.
With a decade of experience in the chairs industry, Khalidamin brings a wealth of knowledge to Chairsvalley.com. His deep understanding of chair design, materials, and ergonomics ensures you receive expert insights. Explore the world of chairs with Khalidamin, your trusted source for a decade of expertise.