It is really difficult to experience tailbone discomfort while sitting in an office chair. Here you can find our selection of the finest office chairs for back discomfort. All ages can be impacted by coccydynia or tailbone discomfort. However, it is more common in older people, pregnant moms, and obese people, those who spend a lot of time sitting down, and people who have injuries or medical conditions.
Coccydynia, or discomfort in the tailbone, can be a serious problem for those who work most of the day seated on a chair. To remain relaxed and effective throughout working hours, invest in a high-quality ergonomically built chair.
The best office chair for tailbone pain that offers outstanding support and comfort is covered in detail in this extensive article. The highest criteria have been met by these chairs, which have been carefully chosen, examined, and tested.
Top 3 Best Chairs for coccyx Pain:
- Herman Miller Aeron Ergonomic Office Chair: (Editor Choice)
- HARAchair Doctor – Chair with Spinal Traction Effect: (Best Selling)
- WorkPro(R) Quantum 9000 Series Ergonomic Mid-Back Office Chair: (Best Budget Chair)
You may also like: Best office chair for pregnant ladies
Best Office Chair For Tailbone Pain: Complete Review
1. Herman Miller Aeron Ergonomic Office Chair
A favorite among users is the Herman Miller Aeron chair and with good reason. Due to its integrated ergonomic characteristics, the Aeron contradicts our general recommendation against all-mesh office chairs (mostly because they aren’t often supportive).
- Size C, the biggest, is highlighted since it is made for taller persons and those who weigh between 230 and 300 pounds. However, bear in mind that this chair is available in sizes A, B, and C. This Aeron model might not fit your dimensions, however, they do offer a size that will.
- According to our study, the Aeron is one of the finest office chairs for buttock discomfort and one of the most ergonomic seats.
- If you’re searching for a standing desk chair for tailbone discomfort, this is an excellent option because it has a generous six-inch seat height adjustment range from 15 to 21 inches.
- You will feel more at ease thanks to the adjustable lumbar support, sacral support, and suspended mesh supporting seat offered by the 8Z Pellicle elastomeric suspension in the seat and backrest. So that you can always work in good posture, you may select from three different reclining positions, set the tension of the forward tilt, and change the seat angle.
- The seat has a waterfall edge to relieve strain on your legs, and the armrests are also adjustable. Compare this to the greatest office chair under $500, assuming you’re not on a severe spending limit.
2. HARAchair Doctor – Chair with Spinal Traction Effect
The Hara chair Doctor’s unusual back- and coccyx-saving design makes it a hidden gem for anyone with tailbone pain.
- Each of the two sections of the seat features a swivel mechanism. This will enable you to adjust the inclination angle to suit the shape of your butt. This feature and the canal in the middle minimize the load on the coccyx.
- As well as reducing the risk of genitourinary system disorders including prostatitis and urethritis, Harachair asserts that they also reduce pelvic organ blood stasis.
- Naturally, the Korean-made Harachair Doctor ensures the health of your back as the tailbone is a component of the spine. To support the natural S-shape of your back, the three-piece cushioned backrest has independent angle adjustments for each element.
- Given how supportive it is, Harachair claims that it is best for 8 to 12 hours of sitting. You should move around at least once an hour, regardless of how supportive it is.
3. Alera ALEEL42ME10B Alera Elusion Series Mesh Mid-Back
The finest office chair for hip and tailbone discomfort is the Alera Elusion Series Mesh Mid-Back Multifunction Chair, which is the ideal addition to any workstation.
- You may change the inclination of the back of the seat and benefit from adjustable tilt or forward tilt thanks to a multifunction mechanism with seat glide.
- The waterfall-edged contoured seat cushion eases pressure on the legs, and the cool, breathable mesh back is comfy.
- Support and comfort are also provided by adjustable arms with plush polyurethane padding.
- This chair is perfect for lengthy workdays. With its adjustable tilt (free floating or infinite locking positions), forward tilt, and multifunction mechanism with seat glide, you can easily modify the back angle of the seat.
- Your legs will feel less stressed thanks to the cool, ventilated mesh back and sculpted seat cushion with superior fabric upholstery and waterfall edge.
- It easily supports 275 lbs. To maintain the ideal position, it also has a tilt lock. You can find the perfect angle thanks to the seat’s back and forward adjustment.
- The chair’s lowest setting is 17 to 17.5 inches from the ground, while the seat height varies significantly. So it is beneficial for both short and tall people.
- It is great if you sit at a desk all day and frequently struggle with bad posture issues or lower back pain because of its posture-friendly design, which helps encourage better alignment when sitting and minimizes pressure on your back, neck, shoulders, and spine.
4. BestOffice 400lbs Wide Office Chair
In the BestOffice One of the few office chairs with a mid-back that is ideally suited to the demands of obese persons is the Big and Tall chair. The chair’s ergonomic shape makes it a great alternative to a gaming chair even if it was intended for the office.
- There are variations among chairs. And a common concern among some taller or somewhat heavier persons is that standard office chairs might be overly constricting, with armrests that pinch and imprison them.
- Larger persons may fit comfortably in the BestOffice 400lbs office chair, which is specially made for them.
- It holds a weight capacity of 400 pounds, as the name suggests, making it one of the highest in our recommendations.
- Having adjustable lumbar support that allows you to choose between six distinct lumbar settings is another feature we enjoy about this top selection. But you will still get a mesh-combination office chair with a ventilated backrest and a thickly cushioned seat for increased comfort.
- The office chair cushions are among the nicest. The armrests of this chair can also be adjusted to the desired height.
- With the use of the pneumatic height adjustment controls, the seat height may be changed from 18 to 21 inches. Even though this chair has to be put together, it shouldn’t take more than 10 to 15 minutes.
5. WorkPro(R) Quantum 9000 Series Ergonomic Mid-Back Office Chair
One of the greatest ergonomic chairs you can buy on a budget is the Workpro Quantum 9000, which stands out owing to useful features like its tension control system, which lets you regulate the amount of power needed to cause the highly adjustable seat to tilt back.
- Whether they’re seeking to purchase a mesh office chair, a gaming chair, or an all-purpose executive chair, lumbar support is often a concern for most individuals. The Workpro Quantum 9000 is best categorized as an ergonomic office chair, and as such, a large portion of the lower back support it offers is a result of how it was built.
- Despite having a mesh rear seat, the Workpro 9000 isn’t any different. while compared to many other mesh chairs that sell for or are in the same price range, the task chair’s ergonomic mesh construction allows it to conform to the curvature of your back while you sit in it.
- You won’t find a tension knob on the Ticova Ergonomic Office Chair, but the chair can tilt backward by around 30 degrees from upright and also has a tension knob that lets you choose how much power is needed to tilt the chair back.
- The greatest office chair for those who utilize the same workspace for gaming as a result of its superiority over most gaming seats, which frequently include leather upholstery.
- The Quantum 9000 mesh mid-back chair weighs roughly 60 pounds, which is a significant amount heavier than many other mesh office chairs and indicates the sort of premium materials that were utilized in its production.
6. Dowinx Ergonomic Gaming Office Chair
Being the finest gaming chair for tailbone discomfort, it features a complete 180-degree lay-flat recline, a retractable footrest, and a USB-powered massager for added comfort.
- If you’re worried about things like lumbar support or reducing pain in your tailbone area, gaming chairs are undoubtedly among the most comfortable solutions. The Dowinx gaming chair is a fantastic alternative for those who spend all day in front of a desk, even though some people may not like them due to their enormous appearance and vibrant colors.
- Because of all the built-in features that keep your body correctly oriented as you work or play, the Dowinx is the ideal gaming chair for tailbone discomfort.
- Although it isn’t the biggest capacity in our recommendations, its maximum weight capacity of 350 pounds is still rather impressive.
- You’ll like that this option features a lumbar cushion that can be adjusted and removed and is also detachable and powered by a USB port, which will help your sore back.
- It is possible to adjust the seat height from 19 to 22 inches. However, the retractable footrest and the extensive range of reclined positions stand out.
- When you’re ready for a rest or a catnap, you may fully recline the Dowinx chair to feel like you’re lying flat.
- Seven other finishes are also available to you, one of which is an upholstery option with only black fabric, which will better match the decor of your office.
7. Ticova Ergonomic Office Chair
With a solid design, a roomy seat cushion, and a breathable mesh to promote airflow on your back, this office chair is a moderately high-end computer chair. It is the ideal office chair for back issues because of its ergonomic design, which includes components that support your lower back.
The chair is the perfect addition to your office furniture and has what it takes to replace all of the other generic desk chairs that aren’t great for your back.
- The headrest that is incorporated into the mesh mix gives off the impression of an executive chair. The fact that it has a variety of functions to keep you comfortable, particularly if you work for extended times, will also be appreciated by you.
- Due to the widest recline angle range for a non-gaming chair (50 degrees from 90 to 140), it is the finest recliner for tailbone discomfort.
- It will please you to know that the headrest can be elevated or lowered 5.1 inches and rotated 135 degrees. Both the armrests and the seat may be adjusted by 3.9 inches each.
- To improve weight distribution and reduce strain on your hips for a more pleasant experience, the seat cushion is made of a thick, molded material.
- The lumbar support may also be moved forward and backward, as well as up and down, to help maintain a good sitting position.
- Since the seat cushion doesn’t have a U-shaped cutout, we believe it would aid to lessen coccyx pain.
What Causes Tailbone Pain?
The medical condition known as coccydynia, or tailbone pain, affects the little triangular bone at the base of the spine called the coccyx, commonly known as the tailbone. A lot of different activities that apply pressure on the region or prolonged sitting may make the discomfort worse.
Various conditions, such as trauma or damage to the region, premature aging in the spine, pregnancy, or extended sitting or cycling, can all contribute to it. Treatment options for pain management include surgery, medication, and physical therapy.
What To Consider Before Buying The Best Office Chair For Tailbone Pain?
The selection process for the ideal office chair may be made much simpler if you know what to look for. Consequently, how can you pick the best office chair cushion for tailbone pain (coccygeal neuralgia)?
Build Quality and Materials
An aluminum or steel frame should be the chair’s initial component. Another significant material that is employed is the cushion. The density or resilience of foam cushions should be quite high. Even memory foam is used in certain seats, which keeps its shape longer than conventional foam.
Office chairs should have a dual caster with a protective PU cover or casters with rubber rollerblade wheels.
A too-soft seat will make you sink in and will destroy your posture. An overly firm chair, however, may cause discomfort in the buttocks and undue tension on the tailbone.
Several chairs have a W-shaped design, which resembles the contour of the buttocks. To improve blood circulation beneath your thighs, some chairs even have a waterfall seat edge.
The chair’s ability to be adjusted is another important consideration. Office chairs must be modified if you don’t want to work at your desk in an uncomfortable position. The seat height, seat width, backrest height, backrest angle, tilt tension, adjustable headrest height and angle, lumbar support, and armrests are the features of an office chair that are most frequently altered.
You should start by looking for a backrest height adjustment if the backrest is independent of the seat. Taller people are well supported as a result.
The back’s natural curvature must be supported by office chairs. The backrest’s capacity to tilt and recline should be adjustable for both angle and tension. This is crucial because various tension levels will be required for lighter and heavier individuals to modify their positions and ensure a seamless transition.
Capacity For Weight
Please take into account the weight capabilities of your chair if you weigh 250 pounds or more.
Never attempt to sit in a chair that can’t support your weight as doing so might swiftly degrade the frame, base, and other components.
A decent chair for coccyx pain features a swivel base so you may turn your body 360 degrees while sitting in it. You may effortlessly lean your body and perform work without twisting and rotating your back. Your tailbone won’t be painful as a consequence.
Your life can change as a result of the pain relief provided by the best office chair for tailbone pain. If you want to get free of this pain, you must discover the chair that best suits your requirements.
Select the best office chair for tailbone pain from the list above after taking into account your particular pain situation to properly manage any ongoing coccalgia.
What kind of chair is best for tailbone pain?
Pressure on the tailbone area reduces by the form and padding of CoreChairs. Tilt control is yet another element that adds to the comfort of CoreChair, which was created especially for people who have coccyx pain.
What to avoid with tailbone pain?
Keep avoiding spending a lot of time sitting down.
avoid sitting on a hard surface.
When sitting, keep utilizing the gel donut or cushion.
Alternate between your buttocks while seated.
If there is any pain, ice after exercise.
How do you sit in an office chair with tailbone pain?
If possible, adjust the seat of your chair such that your sit bones—rather than your coccyx—are being stressed more. You can sit with some protection if your chair doesn’t tilt. With the aid of a wedge cushion, you may relieve strain on your tailbone by shifting your weight forward onto your sit bones and upper thighs.
Can sitting in a chair cause tailbone pain?
Tailbone discomfort might be exacerbated or caused by spending a lot of time in a chair that isn’t well made or fits you well. To lessen the possibility of suffering from tailbone discomfort, it is essential to select an ergonomic chair with adequate lumbar support, a soft seat cushion, and the required modifications. Sitting-related tailbone pain can be avoided by regularly standing, stretching, and moving about.
What should I sit on if my tailbone hurts?
Think about sitting on one of these if your tailbone hurts:
To ease pressure on the tailbone, coccyx cushions have a cutout at the back.
Memory foam seat cushion
An anti-backache seat cushion made of memory foam will mold to the curve of your body.
A kneeling chair helps you maintain an upright posture by shifting your weight forward and relieving strain off of your tailbone.
By redistributing your weight, a saddle chair helps relieve pressure on your tailbone.
With a decade of experience in the chairs industry, Khalidamin brings a wealth of knowledge to Chairsvalley.com. His deep understanding of chair design, materials, and ergonomics ensures you receive expert insights. Explore the world of chairs with Khalidamin, your trusted source for a decade of expertise.